Finding great skin care products that actually work and help my skin has been a life long challenge. Growing up, especially in middle school I had acne and it wasn’t cute! I had literally white bumps all on my forehead. It was so bad I was prescribed medicine. Thank the Lord those days are over but it doesn’t mean I still don’t deal with break outs.
My break outs tend to happen the worst before, and during my period. Other wise I tend to have pretty normal skin with breakouts here and there. The one thing I can’t stand is the oil. My nose can cook a chicken leg after an hour in the summer heat or after an hour of wearing make-up! I’m sure you’ve guessed my skin type by now; yes it is oily but I also have combination skin. I have dry to normal skin on my cheeks and under my eyes.
Now that you have a little history about my skin let me tell you about my new favorite skin care products! Now what you may not know; unless you personally know me; is I love YouTube vloggers especially Jackie Aina.! If you don’t know who she is I encourage you to check out here page. She gives us the details on the hottest new products for P.O.C.(people of color) and oily combination skin types. I have discovered some really good products from her channel alone and some I did my own research.
- Dermalogica is a well known skin care company they are high end but they are worth every penny. I personally tried their pre-cleanse and gel cleanser in a sample kit I bought at Ulta for just $10. You guys after the first wash I fell in love this formula works so well with my skin. It is very gentle and light and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and soft. Most face wash’s leave your skin dry and stiff not this one. I’ve been using this for about three weeks now and my skin is as smooth as a baby’s bottom. Not only is it smooth but I notice that I have not producing as much oil. Blessings!
- Befine Exfoliating cleanser : this cleanser I received in one of my Ipsy bag and have had for a couple of months and rarely used it. That was until I realized how important exfoliating was to my skin type. So now I exfoliate using this because it is all natural and smells great. Not only does it smell great but this too leaves your skin smooth and feeling hydrated.
- MARIO BADESCU :Enzyme Cleansing Gel, I really like this gel for when I have been out in the sun for a long time and as a morning cleanser. This gel does not foam which is something I like as well just because.
- ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment: This is one of the products I learned about on Jackie’s YouTube channel. I first got a sample and after one use I can say this product does everything it claims to do. To name a few it help decrease pore size, and helps dark spots and even skin tone. Yes! After one use.
- Avon Clearskin Pore Penertrating Black Mineral mask: I’ve been using this mask for a while now and I really like to use it once or twice a week. I usually use it after I wear a lot of make-up it helps clean out those pores. and it’s only $5.49 that’s price you can’t beat.
- TONYMOLY Daily Fresh Aloe Mask Sheet: This is a Korean skin care product great for adding hydration to the skin. I’ve been using it for two months and fell in love…deeply. I suggested that my friend use it because she complained she had dry skin in need of hydration. Her skin was glowing so bright some one asked her if she had a man and was in love. Like literally from one use her skin did a 360 I put this sheet mask on everything it works magic.
- TARTE Maracuja Oil: This oil is light and great for giving your skin hydration and a glow that you will love without looking like you rubbed Crisco all over ya face.
Luna Sleeping Night Oil: This oil is only used for the night time skin care routine but has done wonders for my skin. I’ve stopped using it and I’m craving to go buy it. It is pricey but worth every penny. It is an over the counter retinol which is used to help shrink pores and keep that skin looking young.
- Neutrogena Sunscreen: Sunscreen is very important to apply DAILY ! It helps to keep your skin young and
- Bella Beauty Cleanser Brush: I purchased this at TJ Maxx for less than $20 and I’m so happy I did! I work with younger kids and I forget how much they touch my face or how much they sneeze in my face (yuck)! Also all of our hands hold oil and I felt like I was transferring that unnecessary oil to my face. Now that I use this brush I’ve noticed fewer breakouts and a decrease in size of pores. I definitely recommend adding a cleansing brush to your routine. Elf Mask Applicator: This makes applying masks 100 times easier with a great price of only $5 like how can you beat that!
I hope this helps you all with figure out some good products to try especially if you have oily combo skin like I do. Please stay connected with me and drop some products that work for you in the comments below!